Monday, November 14, 2011

winner, winner, chicken dinner # 2

Woah, man. I won my second CX race this weekend. After a slight mechanical (rock loged in cleat) netted me 9th the previous weekend, I got really motivated to try and grab the win at Woodland Park. I think it had to do with this race venue being just 10minutes from my house, and that my family had made a firm threat to come out and see the madness.

"Let's see those fists in the air!" said the announcer
I am pretty new to the CX scene, and in/around Seattle, there's 2 groups that do a great job putting on races. Now, I don't know if one is more 'true to cross roots' than the other, but I do know MFG courses are awesome and wide, and have lots of flow and speed to them. I enjoy them more than SCX venues (probably cuz I lack the really good offroad skills).

Opening the gap...gas, gas, gas, baby! Run it wide open...
Donovan gave me a thumbs up from the sideline b4 the start, and then it was GO time.  Got a good start, made a move on lap 2, and then poured on the gas and held off the hard charge of the MFG series season leaders. At the finish, I gave a hug to pretty much EVERYONE within reach, and then went to celebrate with a nice brunch with my family and my good buddy Joe, who had a respectable race as well.  It was way cool to catch a glimpse and hear Theresa and Donovan cheering every lap. Thank you Lizzy, Matty, Jesse, Lindsay, Jeff, Tate, Andrew and all 900+ other people for all your cheers while braving the chill. And thanks for reading!

No comments: