Monday, October 22, 2012

From Donovan's perspective..

Haven't had a chance to update here, as these last few weeks have been full activities... Everything from running, to futbol, and cyclocross. First off I participated in my school's jogathon- I think I ran 15 times around my school to raise money.
High 5, Papa!
Next, I played soccer, like every other Saturday, I think we beat the Skeeters (we always win!). Following futbol, me and Papa went to race some cyclocross that day.  Starcrossed took place while the weather was still warm and sunny, here is me coming in fast to start lap # 2 of my race:
Yep, that's me in the red, tearing it up....
(Photo courtesy of Woodinvillebicycle.com)
Both Papa and I had crashes at that race, but we both got up quickly and kept racing. That's part of racing...

Now that the weather is cooling down, it is time to dress accordingly, so here I am warming up prior to this weekend's cyclocrosss race with long sleeves and arm... er.... LEG warmers....
See the game face? All concentration...
(Photo courtesy of Woodinvillebicycle.com).
As in all other cross races, we get one last call in the final moments of anticipation, as the starter says:
"Riders Ready....................? GO!"
Not for the faint of heart.... pedal, pedal, PEDAL!!!!!!

Making up places after a slow start... Gotta work on my starts! Me and Papa, both...

Coming in to the finish, battling to the end! This is a photo finish for sure.....
(Photo courtesy of Woodinvillebicycle.com)
Papa raced a bit earlier. He really wanted to win here again, but today wasn't his day.
You'll get 'em next time, Papa....
(Photo courtesy of Woodinvillebicycle.com)
After the race, we went and carved pumpkins, as we get ready for Halloween, but not b4 saving the day by crawling into the van and retrieving the key that someone had locked inside....

All in all, it was another great weekend. Until next time!



No comments: